#TECHmunch SoCAL – Oct 21
October 21 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
TECHmunch Returns to Southern Calfornia for our most ambitious TECHmunch ever!
The traveling TECHmunch Conference is returning Southern California (Oct 21) to bring you up-to-speed on everything new in recipe video, food photography and monetization. The full-day event will be packed with networking, educational sessions, tastings and demos — all designed to take your content to the next level.
Why you should attend TECHmunch
Our fast-paced, hands-on sessions will help you improve your efforts immediately – from taking better food photos to mastering Facebook Live, Instagram Stories and Snapchat. You’ll learn how to plan, shoot and syndicate content your audience will love.
Learn From Top Experts & Connect With Local Colleagues
No fluff and no heavy-handed promotion – at TECHmunch you’ll get the information you need to succeed without all the nonsense. You’ll meet top content creators and gain insights for working with brands and monetizing your content. See full agenda below.
SoCal ONLY – Our New “Build-Your-Own-Conference”
Join TECHmunch SoCal at Canon’s new state-of-the-art Experience Center. You’ll get hands-on sessions with top photo and video experts, as well as a dozen breakout “pods” where you can get personalized, one-on-one advice about Instagram, Facebook, Podcasting, blog security. SEO and more. Don’t miss the only food blogger/influencer conference that empowers you to control what you learn.
Plus, win $5,000 at TECHmunch!
The Almond Board of California will be at TECHmunch to award a $5,000 content contract to one lucky attendee. The contract will be a partnership to celebrate Almond Day 2018. If you’ve been thinking about how you can work with brands, this is an awesome opportunity to turbocharge your career!
Connect with Event:
SESSIONS & SPEAKERS:
No Arrogance. No Useless Content. No Sponsored Fluff.
SESSIONS & PANELS:
Build-Your-Own Breakfast Tacos powered by Got Milk
What’s New in SoCAL Food: Top Journalists Share Thier Perspectives
- Katherine Spiers (Food Editor, LA Weekly, Host, Smart Mouth Podcast)
- Tina Malave (Host, Eye on LA)
- Nancy Luna (The Orange County Register)
- Moderated by Rene Lynch (LA Times)
How to Produce & Distribute Mouthwatering Video
- Shira Lazar (What’s Trending)
- Frankie Greek (Uproxx & Frankiegreek.com)
- Steve Bramucci (Uproxx)
- Lisa Bryan (downshifology.com)
- Moderated by Rich Demuro (Tech Guy, KTLA & richontech.tv)
How to Optimize your Instagram & Build an Authentic Following
- Nastassia Johnson (theLetmeeatcake.com)
- Sarah Gim (thedeliciouslife.com)
- Liza Gershman (lizagershman.com)
- Moderated by Annelies Zijerveld (Author, Steeped)
Lunch Sponsored by… coming soon!
Make Old Content New Again: Make Your Own Cookbook with Cookbook Cafe
- Babette Pepaj (BakeSpace.com)
A Conversation About Facebook… with Facebook.
- Sara Wilson (Strategic Partnerships Manager, Lifestyle, for Facebook & Instagram)
- Moderated by Kevin Winston (Digital LA)
Working with Brands and Monetizing Your Influence
- Stephen Chavez (LatinoFoodie.com)
- Sara Dunaj (Princess Cruises)
- Moderated by Erik Deutsch (ExcepPR Group)
Afternoon Snack powered by the California Almond Board
You can hop from pod to pod, or go in-depth on a favorite topic
Two Food Photography Workshops Sponsored by CANON: “Do You See the Light” and “10 Simple Rules for Food Photography”
- Steve Anderson (steveandersonphotography.com & Canon In-House Food Photo Instructor)
Everything You want to Know About SEO and Search
- Duane Forrester (VP, Industry Insights at Yext)
Everything You Want to Know About Live Streaming
- Joe Wilson (Host, Joe Wilson TV)
Everything You Want to Know About Shooting Recipe Videos (and Youtube Channels)
- Lisa Bryan (downshifology.com)
Everything You Want to Know About Podcasting (lunch session only)
- Tim Street (VP of Influence and Production at Authentic)
Everything You Want to Know About Blog Security (afternoon session only)
- Andrew Wilder (Founder, Blog Tutor)
On-Camera Techniques for the Aspiring Web Series & Live Broadcast Hosts
- Michelle Jones (On-Camera Expert/Producer)
Plus, check out CANON’S all-day “Ask the Photo Experts” Booth and a coupon to save on upgrading your camera gear!
- California Almond Board
- Got Milk
- Maxine’s Heavenly Cookies